It’s football season and I live in Pats nation. I was invited to a friend’s football party on Saturday and, as always, I asked to bring a dessert. I had grand plans to make amazing blackberry and goat cheese munchkins (I will update you when I finally step up my game and make them!). I woke up late and my energy was… a bit lacking. I quickly grabbed my go-to recipe from Sweet as a Cookie. Lemon Crinkles. Easy, delicious, and people think that you spent your day in the kitchen.
This is definitely a Bob favorite. He claims not to like lemon cookies or desserts and never orders or craves lemon when we are out. BUT he LOVES these cookies. I hope you do too.
As I learn how to blog, I promise to get better with the pictures! The picture above does not do these cookies justice! And is primarily a result of inexperience and the Saturday morning struggle.
These cookies were a huge success at the party. The only thing I regret is leaving without grabbing a couple for later!
How to make…
1/4 cup butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon or 1 1/2 lemons (depending on your taste)
1 box lemon cake mix
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together egg, butter, cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Once combined mix in the lemon cake mix.
- Drop 1 1/2 inch balls into powdered sugar and roll around until well coated. The dough will be sticky.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart from each other on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes.
- Optional- drizzle or dip in chocolate.
- Then… enjoy with friends!